Selling your home is more than a little stressful. It is always important to get the most out of your home and sell it quickly. Take a look at these 10 upgrades that will help sell your home!
- Upgrade Exterior Doors: Curb appeal is very important in selling your home. Upgrading your doors can give a more modern and fresh look to potential buyers, therefore increasing the value of your home.
- Landscaping: Beautiful landscaping will add serious value to potential buyers. Keep your landscaping updated with seasonal flowers and plants. Consider planting ahead for mature trees and plants.
- Energy Efficient Windows: With cold weather hitting the majority of the United States, energy efficient windows are increasingly more important. While somewhat costly upon purchase, they pay off in the resale value of the home because the buyer will be saving on utilities. The best part is you can even save on energy costs while trying to sell your home!
- Update Kitchens: Updating a kitchen can be a very costly remodel. Smaller updates can make your kitchen look brand new. Repainting or refinishing cabinets that are still in good shape, upgrading to Energy Star appliances, or even replacing your kitchen faucet can refresh your kitchen’s look at a fraction of the cost.
- Re-Vamp Appliances: If you want to keep your current appliances, but they don’t match, try contacting the manufacturer to order new panels. There are even options of buying wallpaper to cover your appliances- including stainless steel!
- A finished basement: Finished basements greatly increase the likelihood of selling your home. Install some carpeting and drywall to finish your basement and create a living space any potential buyer would love.
- Paint: This seems too good to be true! Fresh paint in some modern colors can go far in creating the home feel buyers are looking for. Neutral colors are always your best option!
- Storage: Everyone loves storage! Take a look around your home to see which areas may be a great potential to build more storage. Building shelves into the garage or even adding half a table to a bathroom for more space are perfect ideas!
- Create More Living Space: Take advantage of any outdoor areas you may have to create more living space. Homes with front porches, decks, and patios are selling quickly. Consider your budget and the cost of adding one of these areas onto your home.
- Outdoor Fencing: This is something that is easily taken for granted! To give your home a new and comfortable feel consider replacing any current fencing. Wooden picket fences are always a better option than chain-link, especially in the front of your home. If you don’t already have a fence consider any areas of your yard that could benefit from one.