DIY Tailgate Games for Football Season – Are you ready for some football? Whether you’re rooting for your alma mater or cheering on your favorite NFL team, it’s time to get in the spirit of the season. Everyone loves a good tailgate, and besides the food the best part is the games! It doesn’t matter if you’re at the game or out in your backyard – these games are a great way to have some fun before rooting on your team.
The best part is that you don’t have to spend a ton to get these games. Many of them you can make yourself to make them all the more special! Below are some of our favorite tailgate games and some great DIY instructions.
- Cornhole – No football tailgate is complete without this classic game! Grab a partner and take on your friends or family.
- Ladder Golf – Also called Hillbilly Golf, this fun game isn’t really golf at all. Golf balls are connected by a length of nylon cord. Wrap one over a rung, and you score!
- Horseshoes – This is an oldie but a goodie and a fun game for all ages! This set is portable so you can take them with you.
- Washer Toss – Here’s an easy one to DIY. All you need is some PVC, some old washers and two boxes for a fun game that the kids will enjoy.
- Lawn Darts – While the traditional game might not be safe for kids, you can easily make your own childproof version with some hula hoops and a nerf gun. Fun!
These games are guaranteed to help have a fun and festive tailgate with your friends and family – while cheering on your team!
What’s your favorite game to play at a tailgate? Are you planning on getting your DIY on and making any of these? Tell us by leaving a comment below!