10 Biggest Renovating Mistakes – Are you planning to renovate in the near future? Renovating is an exciting process, but it’s essential to do it right! We’ve gathered the 10 biggest renovating mistakes below, check them out:
- Buying cheap materials – You’re going to get what you pay for, and when it comes to renovating it’s best not to be cheap on the materials.
- Inaccurate measurements – Taking precise measurements is essential during renovations.
- Skipping the prep work – Doing renovations the right way means doing the prep work.
- Gutting everything – When renovating, make sure not to just clear everything out, when you might be able to work around things.
- Using the wrong tools – Using the wrong tool can really ruin a renovation project. Do some research to ensure you’re using the right tool.
- Ignoring lighting – Make sure you’re taking into consideration the lighting when performing a major home renovation.
- Going too trendy – Pick a home renovation that is your style and is going to last the test of time.
- Not using green materials – If you have the option to go green during your renovation, do it!
- Using the wrong paint type – There is a paint type out there for every surface, make sure you’re using the right one!
- Choosing the wrong windows – Renovating a room with the wrong windows can take away from the changes.
Do you have any renovating tips? Comment to share with us!